Tuesday, May 31

What's Your Favorite...


childhood toy??? This is our new challenge for TAAFOMFT. I love this challenge... because I knew right away what toy, even what photo I was going to scrap... Rainee with her doggie. We've had doggie since she was a year and a half. We found him right before Christmas... when I was doing some last minute shopping at Kmart... and to keep her happy we went in the toy section to find a toy to keep her occupied while I got what I needed. She played with a few things, but little did I know, the moment she saw doggie it was all over ... we weren't leaving without him.

He was a cute little guy... and he was keeping her happy. But the moment it came time to put him back.. she wasn't having it... she wasn't letting him go. I tried telling her it was his bedtime and he needed to go to sleep... even a store employee joined in to help me get doggie to bed... but she wasn't having it, if she had anything to say about it. She wasn't letting him go... he was coming home to live with us! So like any good mother would do, who has a crying child... I caved. What??? With the tears flowing... her sad little face starring at me... I had to buy him. Once home, the only thing she was interested in was doggie... Christmas came and went, with lots of other toys, but doggie was it. She was only interested in one toy... doggie... she wouldn't let him out of her sight... he went everywhere with her... he was her constant companion... at breakfast... nap time... lunchtime... bath time... reading books... bedtime... it didn't matter what she was doing or where she was going... doggie was right by her side. He's been a good friend to her.

Since doggie came into our home... Rainee's had quite a few other favorite toys... but when she's really tied or has had a bad day... she always turns to doggie for an extra bit of love... he'll always be her favorite... no matter what.

Now it's your turn to show us your favorite toy. We'd love for you to play along and check out what our very creative TAAFOMFT DT have chosen as their favorites. Whatever yours is, share it with us... on a scrapbook page, a card, a mini book or project. We can't wait to see what you create!

MichelleLadybugSig

4 comments:

Kelly Massman said...

What a darling photo and layout!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo love love love this!! And I totally hear you girl, brookie has some ODD toys from those wonderful shopping/crying trips... lol... I think they learn that early on! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

She's too cute and so is her doggie! Precious memories!

Moira said...

I remember that stuffed animal!! LOVE IT!!
oxoxo,Moira