Thursday, May 19

It's Not Easy Being Green...

I'm going to be sprinkling in older photos I still have to scrap... there are so many I don't know if I'll ever... catch up... sooooo here's the story about this one...

From the time Rainee was 4 months old until she was 5, I had been working full-time... Steve took care of Rainee during the day, then we'd switch... he'd go to work, and I'd take care of her. This worked well us... although my heart yearned to be home with her... it was the way things had to be at the time....

And on days when Steve didn't work... I would come home to all sorts of things... but on this particular day... I walked in the door to a cute little rag-a-muffin decked out in a t-shirt and panties... with green marker all over her face. Steve had let Rainee play with her markers while he made dinner... and during her 'coloring' she decided she wanted to make her face pretty too! She was sooooooo happy and excited to show me her pretty green face... it was adorable. I love seeing her excitement and creativity over everything she colors... and well, even when her face is green. Because after all... "It's not easy being green"... not everyone can pull of this look... lol!

That's it for today... and I hope there's a bit of green wherever you are today... happy Thursday!!

MichelleLadybugSig

4 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

hehehehehehe...that is soooooooooooooooo CUTE and you have the perfect title for this!! LOVE IT !:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Moira said...

This is such an adorable picture! I love Rainee's big brown eyes! Thanks for sharing~Love you!
Moira

Diana Fisher said...

Such a great story! :) Love the page, too.

scrapinbabygal said...

Hello! My husband and I are in the same situation you and your husband were in. I made the tough choice to step down from teaching position (at an after school program) to be substitute. I just miss my little man too much :)
On your layout I just LOVE all the layers, tearing and embossing! Fabulous!
Sabrina