Monday, May 2

We Had A Great Weekend... What About You?

It was ten minutes to seven and we were all ready to go to the craft show... when I received a phone call... Because of the major winds we were having... the show was being canceled. With some of the booths outside... they would survive the wind.

Tell me I wasn't disappointed... I'd been working for the past 2 weeks trying to get a ton of stuff done.... I was exhausted!!! Seriously exhausted!!! So when I got off the phone... I was disappointed... exhausted... but somewhat relieved... I didn't know how I was going to make it through the day... I barely had 3 hours sleep... so instead, I made breakfast for my family... Potato & Turkey Bacon Burritos. Once Steve had left for work... Rainee and I seriously did nothing... well not really nothing... we watched a ton of movies... played so many games I lost count... and colored pictures - from Curious George to Backyardigans to Ironman!!! At one point we did try to go to the park, but the winds were just too strong. So we made pizza... yum... popcorn... yum... and brownies... double yum!!! It may not have been the day we had planned... it was better!!! And Sunday... well... with the winds still kicking up pretty bad... and Steve taking the car, it left us home bound again... but be made the best of it... with pancakes and turkey sausage... Wii games... movies... naps... and some more of those yummy brownies...

How was your weekend??? Do anything fun? Hope it was spent doing something fun... with those you love. Happy Monday... have a great week!

8 comments:

Moira said...

Your week end sounds nice! So glad we got to talk yesterday!
Miss you!!
Love and oxoxoxox
Moira

Mickymunchkin's little space said...

oh I loved that game on your photo when I was a kid! :) In Germany it was called "Äpfelchen Spiel"...
This week-end was nice, too. Windy enough, true, but I did some crafting up in my room and planted some herbs in the bathtub in the yard, and yesterday, after my hubby came home from work, we took a wee run to Fürth, where we used to live, and had a wee bite to eat in a reastaurant there that has newly opened. Nice and peaceful.

Hugs,
Micky

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Bummer that the show was canceled ... but glad that you had a GREAT day!!! Sounds like a perfect one to me! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

So sorry to hear it was canceled, you made such beautiful things!! But good to know you spend you day so nice together with Rainee (aren't those unexpected free days the best)

joan v. said...

Happy Monday Michelle!

Georgia Visacri said...

I'm happy to know that in the end everything went well, Michelle, and you had a happy weekend!
Love the photo, so colorful!!

Autumn said...

That was like my favorite game when I was her age! *Hi-ho cherry-o!* ;)

I loves you's guys!

Karen said...

Sorry the show was cancelled and you were home bound again! But, glad you enjoyed some "down" time to relax! :)
Karen