Monday, April 26

Weekly Gratitude...


Bath Time. Sounds kinda weird I know, but I do love it! Rainee has always enjoyed bath time. She loves playing in the water... for that matter, who doesn't love playing in all those bubbles!! Bath time has always been... my time with Rainee!!! When she was a baby...and working full-time... I loved bath time... but I also didn't... because as soon as bath time was over it would be... book, bottle & bed time for her... then our time was done for the day!!! Besides weekends... this was my only time with her, so it's always been a special time for me. Now bath time isn't her going straight to bed once it's done... bath time... is a time to have fun... to watch her play... to splash... & giggle!! The only down side of bath time these days is... walking out of there soaking wet and the bathroom a complete mess... wet and all... it's still a favorite time in my day.

But this last week it was especially w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l... because for the last 2 weeks Champ has been a stinky doggie! Yuk!!! If you remember, he was bit by a dog the day we were going to get him groomed!! So, because of the stitches, we had to wait another 2 weeks for him to be groomed... and let me tell you he was a s-t-i-n-k-y doggie!! When Rainee gave him a hugs, which is all the time... she would smell like s-t-i-n-k-y-Champy-boy!!! So not only did I have one stinky dog in the house... I had two!! It was really starting to get to me! At least at the end of the day I could give Rainee a bath to get rid of the stink!! What's funny is... Steve couldn't smell a thing... but me... it's all I could smell...

Anyway... it is now 2 weeks later... and we took him to the vet on Thursday (with the window all rolled down) for the stitches to come out. After that, I made an appointment for him to be groomed on Friday... just one more day... Yeah!!! We got up early to take him in, then picked him up after school... you would never know he was the same dog... he was clean and smelled great!!! It's amazing what a bath can do for a person...and a dog!!!

Now... I'm a very happy mommy... happy... Champ is better... happy... Champ is clean... happy... I don't have to hold my breath when I feed him... happy... I don't have to scrub the lingering smell of... o-du-dirty-stinky-doggie... off Rainee, at bath time!!! Yes, you could say, I am a VERY grateful for bath time... a clean Rainee... and a clean Champy-boy! Life is good... and so are baths!!!

5 comments:

Kendra said...

I just love how a dog smells/looks straight from the groomer! :-)

Georgia Visacri said...

Ooooh, I love reading your weekly gratitude stories, Michelle, they are so inspiring and remind me that life is definetely good!!

Hope Champ is feeling better now!!

Have a wonderful week!!

sarah said...

yay for no more stinky dog and stinky rainee! :)

love reading these posts.

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee reading your posts!!! And yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy for no more stitches and no more stinky champ or stinky rainee!! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ayana Posadas said...

It's good to hear that Champ is all better! Yaayyy! :)