Friday, April 23

Tom's Farm...

While I am continually going through and getting rid of things in the studio... I always seem to come across photos I still haven't scraped... I don't know what's up with that... but I do. At first I use to get mad at myself for not having them done... but now I look at them as little treasure for me to enjoy... I get to recount a memory and then scrap them. For this layout, I used Creative Imaginations Real Wood, their April sketch.... and some of those treasured photos I found recently while purging the studio...

This is Tom's Farm... it's open every day, but it's one of our favorite places to go on a Saturday. They have a furniture/antique store... yummy restaurants... a candy store... a wine & cheese store... and their little fruit & vegetable market is amazing! But I love going with Rainee on the weekends because they have fun things to do... they have a craft fair... Tom's Mining Company... a live band... face painting... a little train ride... an old time carousel... tractor driving... a construction scooper... a toy gun shooting gallery... a pond to feed ducks... a magic show... and our 2 favorite things... the farm petting zoo... and horsey rides!!!

We don't go get our fruits & vegetables then leave... when we go... we are there all day. It's such a fun, Rainee & mommy Saturday afternoon thing to do. Rainee loves loves loves animals... so our first stop is always the petting zoo... which I can barely get her out of... I have to piratically drag her out to go on the horsey rides... which of course then she doesn't want to get off of... but she does... then we're off to do all the other fun things Tom's Farm has to offer... and by the time we're finished... we're both so exhausted we really don't want to get our produce.... but I bribe Rainee with a treat... and we make our last stop... because you can't leave there without getting all those amazing fruits & veggies!!!! On the way home Rainee tries... but because she is completely tired and completely happy... she falls asleep. It is always a great day whenever we go to Tom's Farm... I love Tom's Farm...

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ok...first I have to say EEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK!!! *i spy* real wood paper!! YAY!!! Ok....now on to the rest of my story!!! lol!! I love love love love love this story...and I wanna know...Can Julie and Brookie come over and play with Michelle and Rainee and go there too on a Saturday??? Pretty Please?? That place sounds soooooooooooooooooooooooooo FUN!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! That background paper is PERFECT for this! BEAUTIFUL AS ALWAYS Michelle! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Ebru Vatansever said...

What a lovely page Michelle. Thanks for sharing your lovely story that goes with your layout...

Hugs,
April

pcrusberg said...

I believe I've been to your Tom's Farm. Near Glen Ivy Spa right? Anyway, sounds like a super fun day and I love the wood on your layout and the little rooster embellie. Cute! Thanks, Pam

Deana said...

Tom's Farm sounds like a fun place for kids! Such a cute LO, too!

Hope you have a great weekend. How is your dad?

Hugs...

Karen said...

Wow...I wanna go to Tom's Farm! LOL! Sounds like a wonderful place! Love your LO also!! :))
{{big hugs}}
Karen

sarah said...

that sounds like a fun place to visit on the weekends!!! i LOVE that rainee loves animals... she's got such a kindhearted spirit. gotta love that about her, right?! ;)

anyway, LOVE the ci wood! i finally used it for the first time and i LOVE it. i need more. haha

happy weekend to you and your fam.

sarah.

Jana said...

I'm always impressed how you make your LO in a way I can feel the story you are writing next ti it! I can feel what a wonderful time you had sourrounded with nature!