Tuesday, April 6

A&W Traditions Shared...

I can't believe how many memories were brought back to mind on our visit to South Dakota with my family. I'd been there without them, visiting my dad... but this trip, brought memories I hadn't thought about for years.

My Grandfather Grajczyk, always enjoyed a nice cold glass of A&W Root Beer, and whenever we were in town he would take us kids to the corner A&W for a mug. At that time you could get real glass mugs filled with root beer.... he would have the large 'papa' mug and we'd have the 4" kids mug. We would sit together, enjoying our root beer and talk about everything. It was always a favorite thing to do when visiting our grandpa.

On this trip, we all went down to the same corner A&W... my dad, Steve, Rainee and I... where we shared a cup of root beer. It was hard to believe this is where I sat all those years ago with my grandpa and here we were with Rainee's. It was wonderful to be back, enjoying a lovely afternoon with papa... they may not have the glass mugs anymore, but the place is the same and so is the root beer. It was a beautiful walk down memory lane, sharing a childhood memory with my family....

Materials: Paper: Colorbok, Recollections, sei, Creative Imaginations, Ribbon: American Craft, Rick-Rack: Wrights, Tags: Jillibean Soup, Creative Imaginations, Buttons: Joann's, Chipboard: Colorbok, Recollections, Punch: Martha Stewart, Letter Stickers: Jenni Bowlin, Journaling holder: A&W French Fry Package.

3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

omygosh!! i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee a&w's!!!! and sad, but true...in this town of 2 million people that I live with...we have NONE here!!! *sigh*... anywho,....I just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this lo!! i loveeeeeeeeeee the photos, the colors are PERFECTION and loveeeeeeee the little milkshake embellie ....gorgeous! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

So CUTE, Michelle! I grew up going to A&W's, too!

Have a great day! :-)

sarah said...

i'm glad that you document these memories. one day, rainee's going to get a kick reading what "mommy" had to say about family memories. :)

this is totally why we scrap!

hugs,
sarah.