Tuesday, November 2

What's Your Favorite...

Sport??? This is our new challenge over at TAAFOMFT (These are a few of my favorite things)... When I was in high school I really didn't know much about the sport... except to cheer for it. So, when one of the cheerleaders made a huge mistake and got us chanting an Offense cheer.... when clearly, it should have been Defense... one of the teachers (who was a huge football fan) corrected us and sat us down and taught us a few things about the game. You see, growing up in my house, we didn't watch football... and the only reason my parents went went to the games was because I was cheering. I never forgot the lessons learned... and for me... it was the beginning of loving football.

Several years later, my friend Mark's brother was a punter for the Saints... so whenever he would play somewhat locally... we'd get a gang together for a tailgate party to watch him play... We'd have the best time!!!! Now.... I don't always get a chance to sit and watch... because Rainee always wants to play when it's on... so, I go off with her... and Steve's watching the game. Although. I do catch a glimpses here and there.... especially when my favorite teams are playing.

I love football... so, what we'd like to know over at TheseAreAFewOfMyFavoriteThings....  what is your favorite??? Stop by and see what wonderful inspirational layouts the DT have done... We'd love to see what your favorite sport is... And don't forget you don't have to do a scrapbook layout, you can do a card or even a project of your favorite!


signatureFALL

6 comments:

JustJoan said...

Good Morning Birthday Girl!
Today is a good day to be a San Francisco Giants fan....my vote goes for baseball. I do actually find it a little boring now and how fit are those guys compared to soccer players?? But, it's what I grew up watching and I actually had a tear in my eye watching the Giants win last night.
Enjoy your day! Send you lots of love and good wishes. ~Joan

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Michelle!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this!! I love love love love that story too!!! You always have the BEST stories! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Cool photo & I'm loving the little bowl of popcorn. Is that a sticker or digi or....?

Have a great day, Michelle! :-)

Bekka said...

I love the story behind this! And it's a lovely layout!

Moira said...

Cute layout!!!
Love Ya,
Moira

Nathalie said...

This is a great challenge and your page is perfect for it! Totally love the touch of tape!