Sunday, September 26

Weekly Gratitude...

Down time. Staying at home has the appearance of freedom.... because I don’t have to at a job at a  particular time. No political pressure... no deadlines. That is from the outside.... I certainly see why others feel the stay-at-home-mom has it really good. BUT from the inside... I can tell you it’s not true. I don't have  a company relying on my performance... but I do have a family depending on it. I rarely have time to myself... when I do, I usually do something for them... like volunteering in the classroom... helping with homework... caring for our home... grocery shopping... doing laundry... working on my EverydayFrames... and the never ending list of errands that need doing. I don’t have the luxury of an hour lunch. So I really appreciate it when I do have some time to do something I enjoy... my down time... with no one expecting anything from me.

It's time where I... scrapbook... catch up on TV shows... bake... anything that relaxes me and put me in a better mood. Since that happens sporadically throughout my week... I try to carve out whenever I can... even if this means getting up early... or putting something off until the next day. This down time helps me reset... my brain cannot function without... and be really for the next day of stay-at-home-momhood. While these small moments are grabbed whenever I can get them.... they are what I need to keep things going... keep things in order... and be productive. I am grateful for the these moments during my day that make me a better stay-at-home-mom.

signatureFALL

No comments: