Saturday, January 3

A Good Movie, My Dog & a Nap

The other day... Rainee and I went shopping for a birthday present, we took Champ to the dog park... then we came home to watch a movie... Rainee said as she was having a great day and now she was going to watch a good movie with her dog and her mom... and just about the middle of the movie... she fell asleep on Champ... for a late afternoon nap.

I couldn't resist taking this picture...
and decided I just had to do a LO with it.... So, when it came to figuring out a title... I wanted to use it all, even though it was a bit long... "A Good Movie, my Dog & a Nap"....but it said everything. I tried several different lettering combinations before I decided to use plain chipboard covered with chalk ink... which just happened to be the same color as my paper.... how lucky am I!!! I used a black & white photo... I used red buttons and brads, plus did a bit of stamping/clear embossing behind them. I wasn't quite sure about it all until it was done... but I really like how it came out.

Right now I'm doing a LO with jencropable.com's Best of 2008 Template... I'll show it to you when I 'm done. I'm having fun going through photo and remembering what a great year it was... I encourage you to try it. I'm going to use her digital template, but if you're a traditional scrapper... use the template and scrap away the traditional way...

Materials -
Paper: Marcella by K, Prima, Ink: Rubber Stampede, Stamp, Versa Magic: Annette Allen Watkins (printworkscollection.com), Embossing Powder: Stampendous,
Chipboard: Heidi Swapp, Bo Bunny, Colorbok, Rick Rack: Wrights, Heart Buckle: AMM, Pen: Pigma, Rub-on: Heidi Grace, Tab-Punch: McGill, Buttons: Joann's, Brads: Misc.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rainee & Champ look so sweet together! I love the colors you used. Beautiful! MKK

Anonymous said...

As always thanks 4 shareing. I'm so glad you did take the pic. LO was awesome as usal. Happy New Year to you all. Lizard

KarenK said...

Lovely layout. And the tone-on-tone title really works. Adorable picture as well! Happy New Year!

Joyce ( Gingerbread Girl) said...

I love how the buttons and brads lead your eyes to the best... Champ and Rainee! I am going to have to "Scrap Lift" this one. I also love same color chalk-inked chipboard letters.
Once again... thank you for sharing!