Monday, March 8

Weekly Gratitude...


Kindness. If you look for it, you can find kindness all around you... kindness can come in many forms... a note... help coming unexpectedly... a door being opened when your arms are full... dinner brought home when you didn't want to cook... it can even be as simple as a smile... it's something so easily passed on if we only take the time to do it.

For me the kindness I see in my daughter sometimes amazes me... it makes my heart happy... it can even make me cry. My little Rainee has always been a friendly, happy, kind child, who after meeting someone instantly says... this is my friend. Over the last several weeks it's her kindness I'm grateful for this week.

With Rainee's move into a different Kindergarten class, she again had to make friends... which by the end of the first day.... she had several. But it's been over the last several weeks... her kind heart has again reached out... it reached out to a boy who didn't have any friends, who played by himself and seems to be a very sad child. Since I've worked in the class I had only seen him slightly smile... once. He's always played by himself.... until one day Rainee complimented him on his jacket and he brightened up. Rainee started playing with him and she would tell me what a nice time they had together... and what a nice boy he is. Then one day, she told me she wanted to play with her other friends too, but she didn't want to leave the boy alone... so I told her to try to include him, bring him over with the others, show him he can have more than one friend. Since doing that, his whole world has change. He really enjoys playing with Rainee (he's her favorite), but he now has other friends and plays with them when Rainee is off playing with other friends. With this change in his life... because of Rainee's kindness and all of his new friends... he is smiling more and participating in class.

His father pulled me aside the other day to tell me how thankful he is for Rainee's kindness... for her helping his son to be included with all the other kids... and what a change he's seen in his son. I was touched by the compliment he gave my daughter.

It's wonderful to see change in someone life, when kindness is handed to them. She brings such happiness to our lives, but this... this is one very precious act... by being kind, she changed a life. So kindness is what I'm grateful for today... I am deeply blessed by her simple act of kindness... and reminded how, by showing kindness to others... change happens.

6 comments:

Ebru Vatansever said...

This is such a beautiful post Michelle. I can't believe how big Renee is getting. I look at my children and wonder how they grew up so fast and that's why I try to treasure every moment with them.

I love your blog and you inspire me to no end, and for that I am thankful.

With love
April

JustJoan said...

We need more Rainees in the world!

Jana said...

Rainee is such a nice girl and she will make this world better!!! Thank you Rainee!

Jill W. said...

I'm grateful to you Michelle for sharing this story with me. It's the angels that walk among us that remind us how life should be lived... ♥
Thank you,
Have a wonderful week & give Rainee a hug from me...
~Jill

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

your daughter has her mama's heart :) i loveeeeeeeeeee this story....how beautiful! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

sarah said...

i can see where rainee was taught kindness -- was it from you?! ;)

anyway, go rainee for being a sweetheart! :)

hugs,
sarah.