Thursday, March 4

Skipping Rocks...

There were so many moments on our trip to South Dakota that were special... I can't believe how many photos I still have to scrap... I need to get cracking...

Anyway... few posts ago, I shared in the Break Time layout we skipped rocks on the Missouri River... well, here is a layout doing just that.... skipping rocks...

While at the park, we saw some awe-inspiring trees... and when you looked up at them you couldn't help but take a pictures of their beauty. Originally, I took the picture to remember its greatness... but when I was doing this layout I was inspired to use it as part of my background... so I printed an 8x10 and cut it to a size that would work for my layout. It's a different technique using a photo... I'll have to see if there are any other photos I can use for backgrounds in my layouts.... I kinda like how it turned out...

5 comments:

Georgia Visacri said...

Hi Michelle, thanks for visiting my blog, I really apreciate it :) :) :)
Your blog is so cool and happy just like your layouts! I love your dd's photos, she's a princess!
*hugs*

Deana said...

That LO is so cute... I'm loving all the butteflies! :-)

sarah said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this one, michelle! all of those butterflies look so pretty. and the pic of the tree adds so much to the entirety to this.

and psssst... did you see my latest post... i think you'll like it! ;)

hugs,
sarah.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how U used a bigger photo for part of the background and love love love love all the butterflies!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Jana said...

I love the photo where Rainee is picking the rocks and it seems like there are many stars on the water - a great photo and the butterflies make tender even the rocks :-)