Tuesday, February 9

Doily Envelope Video

I haven't done a video in awhile... It's funny to me how when I was working full-time plus had all the responsibilities I do now, I actually got more videos done than I do now as a stay-at-home-mom/freelance graphic designer... you'd think I'd have more time somewhere??! Anyway, even though I love doing them, I guess any video getting done, when I have a chance... is better than no videos at all... right??!!??...

After showing you these fun little envelopes last year... I had so many requests to do video on these cute little envelopes... I just had to do one. So yeah, for the new Doily Envelope video!!! These little envelopes are one of my favorite Valentine, or any {day}, things. Ever since I was a little girl I've loved making them... I just love little girly things!!! Since then, I've made them for special occasions or just because... they're great to put on a wedding gift... perfect for wedding or baby showers... I've used them on projects like my Valentine Window (here)... on some of my scrapbook layouts... on cards... but my all time favorite uses are putting them in my husbands work shirt pocket and in Rainee's lunchbox with little love notes just for them!!

The great thing about these doily envelopes is once you know the basics of how they're made, you can make them with just about any kind of paper doily.... heart, square or circle. Along with the video, I've also made a download-able .pdf (3x3 or 6x6 heart doilies) for those of you who'd like it. I hope you enjoy making them and find some fun new ways to use these cute little doily envelopes...

(Materials: Doily: Wilton, Paper Insert: DCWV, Ribbon: Joann's, Glue: Elmer's Glue)

6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh these are awesome....off to check out that video! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Deana said...

Oh how FUN, FESTIVE & PRETTY! I have a lot of paper doilies, so I'll have to check this out! TFS!

:-)

sarah said...

need to check that out!! i've got tons of doilies layin' around my room! :)

hugs,
sarah.

MJ said...

What a cute and clever idea. So easy that I just have to give it a try for a home-made Valentine project this weekend!

Anonymous said...

I found some doilies in the dollar bins at target. I'll have to try this one. very cute.

Karen said...

ADORABLE, my friend! Such a sweet and simple idea! Love it!
Karen