Last night I had my friends over for a scrap night and it was a lot of fun! Jane brought her daughter, Nicole, so Rainee had fun playing and doing crafts with her. Everyone got something done and before the night was done, everyone decided to make the the gingerbread card... all in all it was a great time!!!
Everyone wanted my Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread recipe and a few of you wanted it here on my blog so I thought the easiest way to do it is to post it!!! I hope you like it as much as my friends did... enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups canned unsweetened pumpkin
1 cup applesauce
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon baking soda 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degree C)
- Grease bunt pan (or two ~ 8" x 4" x 2" bread pans)
- Combine eggs, sugar, pumpkin and applesauce in a large bowl and thoroughly blend.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, clove, salt and nutmeg. Then add into pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in chocolate chips, then fold in nuts (if desired)
- Pour into greased pan(s)
- Bake for ~ 70-80 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean
- Remove pans from the oven and allow to cool for ~ 10 minutes
- Remove bread from pan and cool on wire racks.