Saturday, December 19

Christmas Performance & Party...

Rainee's Christmas performance (Thursday) and Christmas party (Friday), went off wonderfully... well... almost... She woke up Thursday, so excited about her performance... it was just the cutest thing ever and couldn't wait for it to start.... we sat in the front row (of course) and everything seemed to be going fine... although she wasn't smiling and I couldn't figure out why... then at the very last song... We Wish You A Merry Christmas... she started crying.... can I just say my heart was breaking... then as they were letting some of the kids leave I gave her a hug and talked to her... and she said... 'I'm scared... my tummy really hurts!!'... oh no!!!! What's a mommy to do... have her follow the class out... take her out... it all happened so fast... and then she was off to class to get their stuff to take home...

We went around to meet her... and she was still very sad... and came running to me... telling me again her tummy hurt... and I'm sad now too... because if she's sick, she will miss out again on the party... like she did for Thanksgiving Feast... my poor baby!!! Then, Anessa, Rainee's friend came over and gave her a big hug and asked her what was wrong... while listening to their conversation, we figured out she had stage fright... poor thing!!! But just in case... we were going to make her take it easy, so she could go to the party on Friday....

Friday... the party!!! She woke up fine!!! Yeah!!! The party was a combination of the morning and afternoon classes... and they had a great time!! All in all, there was 44 kids, 2 teachers and 10 parents in one little classroom room... but the teachers had it all set up with activity centers for kids to do different things... play with play-dough, winter bingo, the listening center with holiday books... and for their snack later... they made peanut butter & jelly Raindeer sandwiches and decorated cookies... it was sooooooo organized and the kids had such a great time... you'd never know there was 56 people in one classroom!!! Oh plus Santa came and each kid was able to take a picture with him and whisper their wishes to him... it was the cutest!!! Rainee had the best time!!!! Yeah... she wasn't sick!!!

When it came to what to give the teachers... Rainee wanted to give them the Gingerbread Plate card... so we made them together... it was so fun doing them with her!!! We made them a bit different than last years YouTube Video... This year, she wanted to do polka dot plates... I think they turned out great... Rainee was really happy with them... and the teachers??? They just loved them!!!

Now as for Christmas Vacation... I don't know what we'll be doing, but I'm sure I'll come up with something fun while she's out of school!!! What are your plans??? Any suggestions??? For now... I'm off to get Rainee.... she's up and ready for the day!!! Have a good one!!!

No comments: