Friday, October 9

Bewilderment And The Dental Assistant...

Something happened to me yesterday that reminded me of a story... after this little interesting and amusing anecdote, I'll give you my version of 'Bewilderment & the Dental Assistant'.... both of which are completely true.... to my astonishment. I wasn't going to say a word to anyone... but after telling my dear husband each of them, he thought I should... if for nothing else than to let others know... life has a funny way of pushing the replay button with a twist! This should make you smile... even laugh a little... or maybe a lot... and then my hope is... it never happens to you.

Anyway... I was told this true story many years ago... at a women's conference I went to... This woman woke up on one particular morning feeling quite splendid... Everything she did was going right that day... there was no bad hair that day... it was perfect... her outfit, was just right all the way down to her shoes. She was very pleased... and because she was so please with how she looked she went all over town... she went to the the hardware store, the post office, every errand she could think of, she did. Her last stop was the grocery store... she was having one of the best she'd had in a very long time... and as she was going down the frozen isle... she thought she'd take a look at her exquisiteness... she couldn't believe how great she looked that day....

then... she spied something down at her feet... what was that... and she realized they were pantyhose... she was wearing the same pair of pants she'd worn the day before... and somewhere in the midst of her day... they must have slipped out and were now being drug behind her... her face went bright red... and she slowly bent down to pick them up... then ran out of the store... embarrassed... then it hit her... she went everywhere that day... how long had they been hanging on without her noticing???

So are you laughing yet??? Now my version... 'Bewilderment & the Dental Assistant'...

I had done some laundry the night before... put them all away... except for my clothes which were sitting on the dryer... I was all ready except for getting dressed... I needed those pants sitting on top of the dryer... I grab them, put them on... and proceeded to finish getting Rainee ready for school... then we were out the door... I did errands while she was in school... I went to the phone store, the post office... I was on a roll... I came home dusted and vacuumed the house... I had accomplished quite a lot in a short time... but now it was time to get Rainee... I picked her up... we went to the bank, then the grocery store... we came home ate lunch and we were off to the dentist. I had teeth cleaning appointment. I was hoping to go to Walmart before the dentist office for a few more things, but because of traffic it would have to wait. We got there right on time... we checked in and while we were waiting... I read Rainee some books. Then my name was called... Rainee and I followed Luzie down the isle to our little cubby...

then...Luzie came back and asked me, "Did something drop out of your purse? Did you drop something as we were coming back here?" and I said "No, I don't think so."... and she said, "Well, let me bring it back here for you to see if it's yours, okay?" .... but you know what she was really saying... whatever it is it has to be yours, because you're the only one who's come down that isle.... so she comes back with something wrapped in a paper towel cupped in her hand.... and proceeded to show me what it was...

With bewilderment on my face... I realized this was mine... ugh!!! It was a pair of my panties... but how could this be??? Then I remembered, I was wearing pants that had just been washed... the panties must have been stuck inside the leg... and they finally decided to come out right as I was at the dentist!!!

Ya know they couldn't have fallen out when I was at home vacuuming.... going to the car, doing errands... even picking Rainee up from school... the grocery store was better then this. With much embarrassment, I shyly took them from Luzie. As I sat waiting for the dental technician... I was reminded of the the previous story... things like this happen... I'm not the only one... but still couldn't it have happen somewhere less awkward???

So...... the moral of the story... check inside you pants legs before you walk out of the house... ya never know what could fall out when you least expect it!!! I hope this brought you a little giggle if nothing else and I do seriously hope it never happens to you. If you have any stories that would give me a giggle, I'd love to hear them...

10 comments:

JanieG said...

That was too funny. It reminds me the day when I had a similiar incident. My boss had asked me if there was something wrong with my sweater and I replied no why do you ask. He told me to look at my sleeve and low and behold there was a static sheet stuck to it. We as women tend to be in a hurry and not notice this minor things...but these indicidents make great stories. LOL..JanieG

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL LOL LOL!!!! Yep....been there.....done that....LOL!!!!!!!!! And of course the ones that FELL OUT...were ANIMAL PRINT....LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Debbie said...

Oh my! I can just see that happening to me too! I guess you won't be doing a lay out on this! I'm glad you can laugh about it and keep it in perspective! Hope this day is a better one for you.

Deana said...

Oh hilarious! Trust me, though, these things happen to everyone! Usually for me, it will be a dryer sheet coming out of my pants.... or even my sleeve. So fashionable...

Have a great weekend, Michelle!

:-)

Celina's Creative Space said...

Thanks for sharing that story.. Too funny... I have a funny one that I witness. I was probably 10 and my mom picked me up ater school and we went to the bank. While we were standing in line waiting to be helped I looked down and noticed that my mom was wearing a navy blue pump and a hunter green pump.. this was in the early 90's. I told my mom and people behind us heard and she was so embaressed. She kept trying to hide one of her shoes behind her leg. That morning she grabbed two shoes but didn't look to make sure they were the same color. Too funny. I remind her from time to time and it brings giggles. Lol, Celina

Karen said...

Soooooooo hysterical! TFS! :)

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious. Had to read it to my mom. This is something that would happen to me. lol

Mita said...

OMG! That is crazy funny!

Marcie said...

The first part of the story actually happened to me...at work luckily I saw it when only the foot was out....thinking it was a knee high I started pulling on it right there and realized it was actually panty hose....glad I was working with all women :)

Dina said...

That has happened to my mum, to me and to my daughter...maybe it happens to a lot of people and it is only the ones who see the funny side that tell it...lol