I really like the look of glitter, but I REALLY don't like it getting everywhere... so I did a little playing around with it this weekend and came up with this for my Disco Baby layout, because I wanted the circle (for the O) to look like a mirrored dance ball. And here's what I came up with!!!
First best results, make sure all your chipboard images are the same color.... I covered mine with a black marker.
1. Using clear embossing ink, ink your chipboard.
2. Put your embossing powder over the ink.
3. Heat it, until all the embossing powder is melted.
4. When it's cooled, reink your chipboard with clear embossing powder.
5. Pour your glitter over the inked images.
6. Reheat your chipboard.
What happens is embossing powder is reheated, and the coat of clear ink and glitter fuse themselves together with the embossing powder. I was surprised at how much less my glitter mess was! YEAH!! Which is great if you're like me and don't want glitter EVERYWHERE... but still want to use it...
Now, I used silver embossing powder, but you can do this with ANY color embossing powder and glitter. Have some fun with your glitter!! Let me know what you think!