Tuesday, September 6

Legos & Star Wars... A Dangerous Combination...

First, you have to know my daughter loves loves loves Legos... and along with Legos she also loves... Star Wars... so when you put this combination together... it can be a bit hard to go to into a Target or Walmart store without stopping by the toy section without the agreement... we're not buying anything today... to which I know she's secretly hoping I'll cave and let her get just one thing... another Lego-Star Wars kit. Sure there are a lot of other toys she has her eye on, but this combination is hard for her to pass by without giving me that longing glance of... please mama!!! And well, most times I'm good... but there are times when I see that longing glance and... it melts my heart.... and I cave.

Second, you have to know that during Spring and the beginnings of Summer... we were inundated with Lego Land commercials... and what is one of their newest attractions... a miniature Star Wars Lego Land.... who knew!! So over the course of several months all I heard was... "Mom, can we go to Lego Land?"... or... "Mom, when are we going to Lego Land"... or...  "Do you think we can go to Lego Land, mom, they have a new Star Wars section and I really want to go... can we?"... or... "MOM! MOM! Come quick... I want to go there... can we go mama, can we???"

So this summer during Steve's vacation we surprised Rainee and took her to Lego Land!!! Once there, Rainee couldn't wait to to see the Star Wars Miniature Lands... as you can tell by her huge grin... this was one of her favorite moments at Lego Land. We had an 'out-of-this-world' time!!!

For this layout, I used just a few of the Star Wars Miniature photos... and the sketch from SketchyThursday... I love how it turned out, but more importantly... Rainee loves it, and can't stop looking at it...

Well, that's it for today... enjoy your Tuesday!!!
MichelleLadybugSig

7 comments:

Karen said...

Love it! In our household, it's Legos City which are also in Walmart and Target and we have to go over that same rule! Bobby has better luck with Dad caving then he does with me .... and he knows this weakness! ha!
{{hugs}}
Karen

Diana Fisher said...

This page is fabulous!! Funny thing—Nate is sitting next to me right now playing with his Legos. And... hee hee... wearing Star Wars underpants. LOL! :)

Jana said...

That background is absolutley perfect for this theme! I love the "spacey" effect!!!! I was away for a long time but you know you are always in my top faves!!!! Many hugs and kisses!!!!!
Jana

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is soooooooooooo FUN!! I loveeeeeee those photos and the paint!!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Hanneke said...

My goodness, Michelle that's an awesome lo!!! Love how you did this!! We've been to Legoland in Danmark once and had a great time there!! Finn loves starwars Lego as well!!!

lisa said...

great page.
Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays!! xx

corrie said...

LOVE this!!! I love the stars/splatters! It is great! Thanks for playing with Sketchy Thursdays!