Thursday, August 28

This week's video layout

This week I thought I'd do something with my daughter's artwork... I love the fact that she loves anything to do with art... and painting seems to be her favorite medium right now and I want her to remember her artwork. So I'm in the process of scanning her favorites. This week while scanning some I thought it would be great to do a layout with one.... Plus I thought I would be a great reminder to all out us parents who love the refrigerator art... and eventually a favorite is replaced with the new... but it really doesn't have to be gone forever...

I know my daughter Rainee hates it when I take something down to put up another... but since I've started scanning them, she see I'm saving them for her... and it makes her feel better...

Plus I don't know about you, but I had a favorite painting I did in grade school... I can still remember the Easter egg's & bunnies... all the bright colors... I loved that painting... but with all the moves we did as I was growing up... it got lost... but I still remember it... and honestly I wish I still had it... I know it's sounds silly... but I do.

So for me... if I have to... shhhh.... get rid of a few of those beautiful treasures over the years... I'm at least going to scan them or take a pictures of them... to document not only their beauty, but also her artistic improvement... because you just never know what 'bunny painting' will be her favorite and wish she still had - - even if it's only an image of it... I want her to know I cherished them... even if I couldn't keep all of them...

Remember to enjoy your refrigerator art... it only lasts a short time...

4 comments:

Jeanette said...

this is a great ideas loved layout
and you little girl is adorable.

Anonymous said...

I tell myself I'm going to do this and I don't. I have piles of the girls artwork...time to scan and...ehem..."throw some". I have artwork from childhood that I remember as well. My mother never saved anything. Scanning them doesn't mean you have to save every little scrap. Way to go Michelle! Your layout is wonderful...and wonderful inspiration as well! Thanks! ;)

grayway said...

You have a beautiful daughter!! I also love you page layouts and will continue to watch out for new videos.

Tina said...

You girls are sooo cute...Can't help but put a smile on my face when I watch your videos...