Wednesday, August 20

Glad it's today and not yesterday

Have you ever woken up and everything makes you cry... I watched the morning news and it made me cry... it was about Christina Applegate and her breast cancer surgery. My mother died 8 years ago of beast cancer and if she had not been so scared of what could happen, I know she'd still be here... so that made me cry... I miss my mom.

Then, as the day went on... my computer at work wouldn't work and was on the phone iwth hte help desk for 3 hours... and that made me cry... getting ready for the work move to OC... made me cry... spilling my water all over the floor... you guessed it... it made me cry...

So at lunch I figured out a few things... what it came down to is... the Applegate story reminded me of how precious every day is... and all those everyday moments I've missed with my mom... I don't want to take any time, any moment for granted because every day is a gift.... every moment is a gift... okay, I'm making myself cry (again)... but all in all... it's true... don't waste a moment with you parents... your kids... your friends.... because in a breath things can change....

For me, the everyday moments are the ones which get me through my week... my day... and sometimes... the next moment... share the moments you have with your loved ones... remember them... hold on to them... write them down... and some, some need to be scrapbooked... like this one of my friends LO for the the ScrapbookEtc... Summer challenge... this is a wonderful page and the look on that adorable face... is really precious... and it's a moment not forgotten...

Enough rambling... I need to figure out my next video... ahhhhhhhh... what to do.... what to do..... Enjoy your day... enjoy your moments!!!

Blessings to you and your family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well ok Michelle...your post made me cry...you are such a gift to me! I'm so sorry about your Mom...I had no idea! One of the things I've come to realize in the last few weeks about the challenges I've done is that yes it's cool to get picked for the top ten but the BEST and COOLEST part is seeing the looks on the faces of my girls when I show them the layout that I've created ABOUT THEM and how special I know it is making them feel. I can just SEE IT!!!!!! I didn't have that as a child and speaking from experience it's so important!!!! So win or lose...it's THAT that has made it worth it all...putting those memories down...just like you said! Because despite what I think...it's not all about me! :D
Luv ya!
Jen

matts_mom_shari said...

hope you have a better day tomorrow! :)
take care, shari :)
_________________________________
www.ShariSuzuki.typepad.com

momoftwo said...

Michelle, sometimes we need a good cry to cleanse ourselves.
This is my first time on your site and I love the fact that you include your adorable daughter in your videos. It is so obvious that she is very loved.
Your layouts are amazing and I could only hope to be half as creative as you.

Joyce ( Gingerbread Girl) said...

OK, speaking of crying... my DH's father passed away on the 20th. He lives next door to us, can you believe that? We knew it was close and the family gathered around his bedside and sang to him. Everyone cried, but me. The tears are inside, they just haven't surfaced yet. I am sure they will. Meanwhile, I am learning to be grateful for everyday moments. Thanks to Michelle and Rainee for their "Everyday" moments they share with us!

Joyce ( Gingerbread Girl) said...

P.S. I have a little request. I would love to see you scrapbook a monochromatic layout. No pressure, just if ya ever wanna do one.