Monday, June 14

Weekly Gratitude...

Being home. You never know how much you miss your own home, until you've been gone for awhile. Being gone these last 2 weeks driving to to South Dakota and back was a wonderful tribute to my father. It was nice staying with family and spending time with them... or staying in a hotel can be fun... but coming back to the place where you rest your head each night... the place where you call home... is such a blessing.

Rainee loved being home, because it meant she could run around... play with ALL her toys... play the computer...and was able to ride her new bike. She was overwhelmed with excitement to be back. Steve... he was happy to be home for multiple reasons... to finally get out of the car... and not have to drive for a few days before he went back to work... being able to ride his Harley... sleeping in and sleeping in his own bed... and most of all... having a home cooked meal at home. And me... well I'm glad to be home... so I can cook... sleep in my own bed... have Internet access whenever I want it... enjoy my early morning cup of coffee... having my 'Quiet-Time' once again... and once again be able to scrap... oh the joys of being home again...

When you're away and on the road, it's a great experience... and I loved our time together as a family... seeing all the beauty this country has to offer together, is a memory none of us will forget. But driving up to our house... our home... was a moment of bliss. We all felt a sigh of relief inside, because we were home. This is the place we can be ourselves... loud... happy... sad... silly... grumpy if we want to be... and where we find peace. I'm grateful we were able to take the road trip to South Dakota... but coming home, to our house, reminds me there truly is... no place like home.

p.s.... I'll be scrapping the next few days, so I'll have some things to share... I hope you have a lovely lovely day!

5 comments:

Jessica Wilson said...

It is always nice to be home isn't it?! I love being at home...more so lately than ever. I think with all the stomach issues I've had, i know at home I just feel more comfortable and I can just lie down if need be:) Glad you are back home and can't wait to see your projects!!

JustJoan said...

Welcome home Michelle!
I'll give you a call this week.
Happy Monday.

Cerise Welter said...

Welcome home and peace as your settle back into life. I cried for your loss as my dad is getting up in years and I could easily imagine your feelings. God bless you sis, and calm delight as you are in your temporary dwelling place called earth. Cerise

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am soooooooooooooo happy U are safe and back at home!! Have missed U something horribly!!! YAY for Michelle!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Bekka said...

I love the feeling of coming home! I can't wait to see the results of your scrapping! :)