Monday, June 28

Weekly Gratitude...

Cool Summer Mornings. I know I've said this before but I'm an early morning person... and now with summer upon us and it's sweltering days... I love waking up to the birds chirping as they wake from their slumber... I love opening all the windows in our home to let the fresh morning air inside... I love hearing the sprinklers as they go off all around our neighborhood... and I love how gently the sunlight breaks through the quiet darkness... and daylight begins.

I have never been one to sleep in... sleeping in to me is 6am... and sure, there are days when I'm feeling a bit groggy and a little bit tired, but that's mostly on winter mornings when it gets quite chilly and I want to do is stay in my nice warm bed... but on summer mornings... I'm always up with the birds enjoying the quiet beauty and lovely crisp morning air. I'm grateful for cool mornings after a scorching summer day... it's refreshing... and although I know it's only there a little while before the sun starts beating down... I also know, it will be there tomorrow... waiting to refresh me once again. I am grateful for summer's cool quiet mornings with birds chirping... before my day unfolds.

3 comments:

JustJoan said...

I love morning people!

Moira said...

We havn't had a cool morning here in a while. I forgot there even was such a thing!
Love,
Moira

Bekka said...

Another morning person. We switched bedrooms just so we could have the most light coming into our room in the morning. I love it!