Friday, September 4

Her Smile... Plus A New Video!

Who can turn the world on with her smile...

Well I did say...I still had another idea for the 'Mary Tyler Moore Show' theme song... Rainee's Smile. I love love love Rainee's smile. I love how when she's really happy, her eyes sparkle. I love her dimples... I love the gentleness of it. It never fails to makes me smile. I love it most when it's just for me. So of course I couldn't let those delightful lyrics go by without making a layout of Rainee's smile.

I know... more butterflies... What is it about butterflies, that makes my heart happy? Maybe it's their dainty fluttering's remind me of Rainee dancing around the house... whatever the reason... I love butterflies. When I finished this layout... it didn't seem finished... I needed something subtle to catch the eye, but not over take the empty space, so I decided to make concave butterflies in the space. It's such an easy technique that when I was finished I decided to make a video of how to do the concave butterflies... or for that matter, any chipboard shaped image for a card or scrapbook layout. I love this delicately implied effect and how it finished off my layout.

For this Concave Image Technique Video, I used butterflies and I love how they delicately flutter upward on the card. On the set of cards, I've shown this technique using other shapes, plus using an embossing template. The thing I love about this concave image technique is, it's so simple. I do have a little bit of advice is when doing this technique... take your time... and be gentle with your paper, so you don't push through the other side. Do these two things, you will be happy with this concave technique every time. I hope you'll try this technique on your next projects...

(Materials - Scrapbook layout: Paper: Core'dinations, DCWV, Journaling Spots: Making Memories, Anna Griffin, Tag: Jillibean Soup, Butterflies: K&Co., Rub-ons: My Minds Eye, Letter Stickers: American Craft, The Paper Loft, Making Memories, Buttons: Joann's, Photo Tab: Joann's, Brad: Misc.)

(Materials - Cards: Paper: Core'dinations, DCWV, Stamps: Technique Tuesday's Ali Edwards Stamps, Ink: Staz-on, Chipboard images for concave technique: K&Co - Butterflies, Heidi Swapp - Star, Deluxe Designs - Heart, Cuttlebug Embossing Template - Swirl)

5 comments:

Jana said...

I love this tecnique. The final look is so pure and acctually I'm thinking about using it for my next LO title. What do you think???

Hugs
Jana

P.s.: I just enjoyed the everyday doggy show. Thank you Rainee!

Deana said...

Very cool technique... will have to try it out!

Adorable LO... & she most certainly DOES have a beautiful smile! :-)

Have a great Labor Day weekend! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

That is a COOL technique!!!!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE the lo!!! GORGEOUS! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Anonymous said...

yipee a new video. great technique, and Rainee does have a fantastic smile.

JustJoan said...

Michelle, You are so talented, that's all I can say! Love you and your Rainee! ~Joan