Monday, October 11

Unexpected Surprises....

On Saturday.... when Rainee and I came home from one of her classmates birthday parties.... there was 2 packages sitting on the counter... one for Rainee and one for me.... Rainee was so excited... I was excited... who doesn't love and unexpected surprise???  Steve had bought me something which came in the mail while we were at the party...  and he didn't want Rainee to feel left out.... so before we got home he went out and bought her a little unexpected surprise too....

For Rainee's, Steve put it in a old box which had come in the mail.... and taped it up.... He didn't want her to be disappointed about not getting any REAL mail... so he faked it for her.... And thankfully she's still at an age where she didn't know it wasn't REAL mail... Anyway, she ripped open the box to find this... Iron Man Toy....  something she's been wanting for awhile... and which she's already put on her Christmas List.... so she was overjoyed.... and played with it non-stop all the rest of the weekend... she's a happy happy girl...

As for me... mine really was mail... and something I'd been wanting for some time... but they are just a bit pricey.... so I've put off getting them... but when I had a 50%off coupon for Joann.com I mentioned them again to Steve... he low and behold he actually bought them for me. Now you have to know this is amazing for a couple of reasons... My husband is not the best at using the computer... AND... purchasing something on the Internet is, well... a bit hard from him... I ALWAYS do it for him... so, him doing this WITH a coupon... well... leaves me speechless... ANYWAY... this is what he bought me... COPIC PENS... I'm in shock... really... they are amazing... and I have been having so much fun with them all weekend...

I love unexpected surprises.... they are the best!!

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

How sweet!!!!!!!! I loveeeeee that steve did that for both of you!!!! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Diana Fisher said...

Congrats on the Copics, you are going to love them, and YAY for the hubby! Nate is jealous of the Iron Man toy, but he did get his Iron Man costume for Halloween yesterday and wore it all day.

Anonymous said...

So Sweet Yay Steve.

Bekka said...

So sweet and thoughtful! But I'm gonna need to see pics of Rainee with the toy, because it looks awesome! :)

Hanneke said...

That is sooooo sweet, lucky girl!!!

Deana said...

Awesome! I bought mine at Joann.com with a 50% off coupon, too! Gotta ♥ happy mail! :-)

Moira said...

ARE THOSE LIKE GROWN UP CRAYONS? HEE-HEE-HEE!!! Question~ If you had a friend over, would you share them? LOL!
Love Ya,
Moira