Sunday, November 15

What's Your Favorite...

Julie at WhatIsYourFaveThing blog has asked me to be the Guest Designer for the month of November!!! Tell me I'm not excited!!! I have really enjoyed doing their challenges... I don't know about you, but I don't really do many layouts about me. Mostly it's about Rainee or us as a family... so sharing my favorite things... has not only been insightful but also a way for Rainee (& Steve) to know a little more about me... so Thank You Thank You Thank You... Julie for choosing me to be the guest designer... I am honored!!! And thank you for always inspiring me!

I'm excited about this first challenge... 'What's your favorite decade?'... I knew right away what my favorite decide was... I have always loved the 50's! You know.. Elvis... Barbie... Cool Cars... the Drive-In's... the Jukebox... Malt Shops... Ozzie & Harriet... I Love Lucy... plus I've always loved hearing the stories my parents would tell of family, friends and parties... Life was simple, but very, very good! On my layout I just had to put pictures of my parents... I love these photos of them in those... cool sunglasses!!! Plus it wouldn't be a 50's layout without Barbie!

I would love for you to come over to WhatIsYourFaveThing and play along with us!!! As an added treat, I am offering up a surprise for each of the winner for each of the challenges in November... you're going to love seeing what the design team has picked for their favorite decade... so I hope you will join in and stop by to say hi!!!

(Materials: Paper: DCWV, Chipboards Stickers & Letters: American Craft, Rhinestones: Queen & Co., Car & Barbie: Downloads from the Internet, Glitter Glue: Sparkly Glitter Glue)

8 comments:

chris a said...

Just love your layout!!!! and so happy that you are our GD this month. I also loved your Paris layout for the last challenge - I really enjoy reading the reasons why you made the layouts, and I also enjoy your little tutorials. Have a great week!

Jen said...

Woot woot! You totally deserve this! WTG!

Deana said...

So excited to see you as our guest designer this month! Your work is always inspiring & this 50's LO is certainly no exception! That Barbie & that car is so perfect for your old b&w photos! Love it all!

Have a great week, Michelle! :-)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

No no no no...the honor is all MINE my dearest!!!!! I was just soooooooooooooooooo happy that U said YES!!! U know I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee this LO! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Babydoll said...

Congrats on the Guest Designer spot. I love your 50's page. So retro! :)

Anonymous said...

I think the 50's must have been awesome as well. So much simpler. Fun layout.

Karen said...

Wow...congrats my friend! Love the layout! Wonderful! You know I think you ROCK and you deserve the spotlight, for sure! HUGS to you! :)

Jana said...

Congratulations Michelle! THis is something you deserve!!! And your LO is perfect and it shows the right 50's atmosfere!!!!!
I'm taking part of the challenge too - Can't miss it!!!