Wednesday, August 17

Lunches With Love...

For Rainee's school lunches... she's a PB&J-no J kinda girl (if you remember this layout). And because of this, her lunches can be pretty b-o-r-i-n-g... last year I made cut out heart sandwiches every day. But, this year I decided to step it up and make her sandwiches into something special... something she can't wait to open with a little surprise to enjoy... because let's face it... PB&J-no J can make you want to eat everything else BUT your sandwich.

This year I've added a few chocolate chip inside her sandwich as a little treat. AND... I have to say, I've been having so much fun making her sandwich faces... and shapes... and well, Rainee, she can't wait for lunch to see what creation mama has made for her. So totally fun!!!

These 3 were from last week... Here we’ve got some...
  • Whole Wheat Bread
  • Eyes - - Marshmallow cut up w/black eatable ink 
  • Hair - - Carrots curls or spikes
  • Mouth - - Cheerios mouth w/eatable red ink or an apple smile
  • Doggie Nose - - a raisin
  • Carrots, Apples, Cheesy Balls, or Trial Mix as an added treat
  • And a sweet little bubble note... just for fun.
Who knew you could get creative making a sandwich. I try to make it healthy, but I do add some favorite fun things.  Oh, and I'm loving the Ziploc divided containers (at Walmart) I bought for her lunches this year... there are some more expensive divided containers on the market, but when I can get 2 for $2.37... I think I'll take these.

Well, that's it for to{day}... I hope your lunch is filled with something yummy... enjoy!
MichelleLadybugSig

7 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE this idea! My son is a sandwich kid too and it gets soooo boring. I haven't seen these divided containers either, and I love the idea of using these instead of tons of little baggies all the time. Thanks so much for sharing!

MJ said...

Rainee is so lucky to have a fun mom like you! This is such a clever and cute idea... I just might have to make carrot curls to decorate my own BLT sandwich for lunch tomorrow! ;-)

Hanneke said...

What a great idea, love that!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooooooooooo cool!!! I can't wait for Brookie to go to Kindergarten so I can do something like this!! I think at Adam's age, he would kill me! LOL! :):):):):):):):):):):):)

Georgia Visacri said...

these look so delicious, Michelle and are super cute, especially the doggie!!

I don't like jelly either, never did, so I totally understand her :) :) :)

hugs

Deana said...

OMgosh, I am dying over these! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! Going to look for those divided containers and do this. I don't care if she's in 5th grade. I think she'll love it! heehee!

Anonymous said...

I want one. That is so darn cute. Wish I had the time to make lunches like that for my son. I bet all the kids around can't wait to see what she has in her lunch either.